Welcome to another day of inspiration here on the Altenew Scrapbook blog.
Today, I’ll be sharing a layout that I created with the Altenew Floral Drape Stencil and the Succulents Stamp Set. I had so much fun playing with the colors and coloring in the stamped images.
- Take an 8.5 by 11 piece of Classic Crest Solar White cardstock. Place the Floral Drape Stencil to the top part and add some Altenew Crisp ink. (I used colors from the Shades of Purple and the Sweet Dreams sets). Blend in the colors and play around until you get the desired effect.
- Create a mask for the stamped images you’ll be using.
- Stamp the images using Altenew Permanent Black Ink at the bottom of the layout, using the mask to overlap the images and create a more realistic look.
- Use the same ink colors as in step 1 and watercolor the images. I pop a little bit of color onto an acrylic block with some water and then I add the color to the images.
- Add your photo, journaling and embellishments.
I love the look of the purple and blue together. For the title, I used the Alphabet set from the Our Family Scrapbook Collection and I added a couple of embellishments from the Reflection Scrapbook Collection.
I often forget about the Altenew stencils and I really enjoyed creating this layout. I’ll definitely be using the stencils more.
You can watch how the whole layout came together on YouTube in HD here or just watch it below:
If you feel inspired by any of the posts here on the Altenew Scrapbook Blog and you create a project, upload it to social media using the hashtag #Altenew. We’ll be able to admire your work and you might get featured in a Caught by Altenew post.
Have a lovely day and see you soon.