In this month’s release, there are so many amazing products and I found it very hard to choose which one I would work with. I combined several sets in my three layouts, two of which you can see here, and another one is on my blog.
For my first project, I combined the Watercolor Dots Stamp Set with the Party Time! Stamp Set, Folksy Florals Stamp Set, and Gradient Stripes Stamp Set.
- Stamp the dots stamp onto some smooth cardstock and add details using the detailed stamps from the set. I used different shades of blue from the Deep Blue Seas Oval Set.
- Cut out the title using a die set. I opted for the You Are Loved Die from this release.
- Put together the layout. Place the stamped center in the middle of the page and pop the title onto foam dots to create a tone-on-tone look.
- Place the photo towards the top.
- Add some embellishments.
For my embellishments, I used the Party Time! Die Set and cut out some sequins from patterned paper from the Reflection Scrapbook Collection. You could also stamp and cut them out. I tried this (as you can see in the process video below) but went with the die cuts instead of the stamped sequins.
You can see how the layout came together in the video below or watch it on YouTube in HD . Video will be added shortly.
For my second layout, I used the Party Time! Stamp Set to create a colorful layout. The color combination was inspired by the shirt my son was wearing on the day I took the photos. I used the Aqualicious, Dew Drops, Bamboo and Parrot inks from the Altenew ink collection.
- Create your stamped banners using the Party Time! Stamp Set.
- Add your photo.
- Grab some coordinating embellishments or make your own using dies you have on hand. I used the Halftone Hearts Nesting Die Set.
- Add some confetti and journaling.
No blog hop is complete without a giveaway. There are some awesome prizes up for grabs here! Don’t forget to check out our designers and guest designers’ blogs as there are some gift vouchers to be won there too.
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or Altenew Scrapbook Blog by Saturday, April 21st, for a chance to win. Six winners will be announced on the Altenew blogs on 4/22/2018.
Your next stop is: Therese Calvird
Full Blog Hop list:
Altenew Card Blog
May Sukyong Park
Flora Monika Farkas
Altenew Scrapbook Blog– You are here 🙂
Amber Rain Davis