Welcome to a new release here on the Altenew Scrapbook blog. If you have hopped over from Gayatri Murali‘s blog, you are right on track. The blog hop starts on the Altenew Card blog if you want to start at the beginning.
This release, just like all releases, was super fun to work with. I created three layouts and a card. For my first layout, I used the Rustic Linen Stamp Set. There are endless possibilities with this set and I decided to pair it with some vellum.
- Stamp the Rustic Linen stamp onto some white smooth 8.5″ by 11″ cardstock.
- Choose a sentiment and use the same color as the background stamp. I stamped it several times to darken the color but I kept a tone–on–tone look.
- Layer vellum over the cardstock to soften the look.
- Pop the cardstock onto some patterned paper. I used a fun floral print from the Our Family Scrapbook Collection.
- Add embellishments. I cut out floral shapes from the same patterned paper and added some stamps from other sets which I had lying around. (Faithful Feather Stamp and Die Bundle; Anemone Stamp and Die Bundle)
- Create a title. I used a sentiment from the Botanical You Stamp Set and paired it with the word YOU which I cut using the Fine Alphabet Die Set.
I love the soft look the vellum gave to the image. I couldn’t help myself and added a couple of butterflies to add flow and dimension.
For the next layout, I pulled out the Main Squeeze Stamp Set and created a background using orange and yellow tones. I picked colors from the Pocketful of Sunshine and Warm and Cozy Ink Sets.
To add contrast, I used Forest Glades and Frayed Leaf and stamped some leaves. They also helped add a hint of green which is present in the photos. For contrast, I added some sentiments from the Main Squeeze Stamp Set which I stamped in black.
The fun splatter shapes were created with a stamp from the Wings of Hope Stamp Set.
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or Altenew Scrapbook Blog by Friday, May 25th, for a chance to win. SIX winners will be announced on the Altenew blogs on 5/27/2018.
Has anything caught your eye? What did you put on your wish list? It is always so hard to choose, isn’t it?
The hop isn’t over yet. Your next stop is: Yoonsun Hur
You can see the full list below:
Altenew Card Blog
May Sukyong Park
Simon Says Stamp Blog
Altenew Scrapbook Blog <– You are here!
Flora Monika Farkas