Welcome to a new post here on the Altenew Scrapbook Blog. Today I’ll be sharing a mixed media project which was inspired by an FB Live I did on August 27th. You can watch it HERE.
I created a fun background for a layout which I finished after the live session. I thought it would be nice to create a card to match and use the same techniques.
Here is a closer look at the layout.
Supplies you will need:
- Patterned paper
- Paper from an old book
- A palette knife
- Altenew Watercolor 36 Pan Set
- Permanent Black Ink
- Some stamps (text stamps, leaves, flowers)
- Watercolor paper
This is the card I made inspired by my layout.
- Apply a layer of gesso onto your watercolor cardstock.
- Tear pages and add to the cardstock, adding a thin layer of gesso over them using the palette knife.
- Pop the stencil on top and add more gesso. Remove the stencil and wash immediately.
- Let the gesso dry. I usually leave it to dry for a couple of hours but you can speed up the process with a heatgun.
- Apply watercolors.
- Leave to dry.
- Stamp in some spots to add detail.
- Add your sentiment. I used the Thinking of You Die.
You can watch how I created the card in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube. I did have some issues with my camera and couldn’t film the assembling of the card but you can see how I created the background.
Thank you so much for stopping by.