Hello and welcome to another Stamp Focus blog post. Today, I will be focusing on the stunning Fancy Frames Stamp Set. It is such a pretty and dainty set, perfect for cardmaking and scrapbooking. Combine it with the die set and the possibilities are endless.
I created two layouts and a card with the set.
On my first layou,t I used the doily images to create a fun background.
- Take the two doily stamps and stamp them onto some cardstock using embossing ink.
- Add an embossing powder of your choice and heat set it. (I used Caribbean Sky)
- Cut out circle shapes using the coordinating dies. The inner circle die-cuts will fit perfectly into the stamp image.
- Cut out some smaller circles using dies or punches and use those to create layers.
- Add fun embellishments like enamel dots, buttons, and butterflies.
- For the title, I used the word SWEET from the Script Words 3 Die Set which I cut out of a patterned paper from the Pastel Dreams 6×6 Paper Pack.
- Add some sentiment stamps as journaling or write it by hand.
For extra dimension, I used foam dots on the circle die-cuts. This gives a fun layered look. To adhere the acetate butterflies, I like using small glue dots. They don’t show through at all.
You can see how this layout came together in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
For my card, I used the same technique as in the previous one. I heat embossed the larger doily image with Silver Crisp Embossing Powder and stamped the smaller doily onto some patterned paper from the Enchanting Washes 6X6 Paper Pack. Then I created a layered effect using the different elements. A pretty button with some twine finishes it off.
I popped the layered composition onto some lovely patterned paper and added three sequins as a finishing touch.
Doesn’t that silver embossing look stunning against the pink and blue?
Wondering how I made the card? Just watch the video below or in HD on YouTube:
For my second layout, I went for simple stamping.
- Mask the bottom part of some white smooth cardstock with some scrap paper and stamp the doily images.
- Use different colors. Don’t be afraid to go over the edges with the stamps. It will give the impression that the layout is larger than it seems.
- Add strips of washi tape to the bottom part. (Here I combined: Rainbow Stripes, Floral Flurries and Red Ombre)
- Cut out some flowers from the Floral Flurries Washi Tape. I also cut out some circle images using the Fancy Frames Die Set.
- Arrange the elements on the layout with the photo.
- Add a title and some journaling. (Script Words 2 Die Set, Gradient Stripes Stamp Set)
I added some twine at the bottom for extra detail and to break up the darker shade of the Red Ombre Washi Tape.
I really love this stamp set. It is dainty and really pretty. I am always afraid to stamp with sets with lots of intricate details – afraid they won’t show but this set stamps so beautifully.
You can see how the layout came together in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. It means the world to me.