For this release, I created a layout and a card using the Geometric Flowers Stamp and Die Set.
- Stamp the shape onto some smooth white cardstock using Altenew’s Embossing Ink.
- Add embossing powder. I chose to use Altenew’s Antique Silver Crisp Embossing Powder.
- Heat set the powder and start coloring the shapes. You can use one shade for one shape or mix colors as I did.
- Cut out the shapes using the coordinating die.
- Design your card or layout.
For detail and contrast, I added a mandala die cut which I cut using the Mandala Die. I also cut out some funky circles using one of the dies from the Geometric Flowers Die Set. These were cut out of patterned paper from the Celestial 6×6 Paper Pack.
For my title, I picked the word FRIENDS from the Sweet Hearts Adhesive Wood Veneers Set. I colored it in using the Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake, and Lagoon Artist Markers.
You can see how I created this layout in the video below or watch it on YouTube in HD.
As I had a shape left over, I whipped up a quick card.
- Take some smooth cardstock and create an ombre effect using two shades. My first combination was Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart and Purple Wine. The second was Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake, and Lagoon.
- Cut the two ombre shades up into different sized strips.
- Pick out a background patterned paper and place the strips in alternating colors.
- Pop the colored die-cut onto some foam dots.
- Add a sentiment and some sequins.
You can watch the process video below or if you prefer HD hop over to the Altenew YouTube channel.
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or Altenew Scrapbook Blog by 2/13/2019 for a chance to win. Six winners will be announced on the Altenew blogs on 2/16/2019.
Don’t forget to check out the designers’ and guest designers’ blogs as there are many other prizes up for grabs.
Your next stop on the hop is: Zinia Redo
Thank you so much for stopping by and see you soon.
Full Blog Hop List: