Hello, Altenew fans. It’s Lilith here with a new layout and blog post. Today’s project was created very quickly as it was a last minute assignment. As I didn’t have much time for intricate stamping, coloring, and painting, I decided to pull out my washi tapes and a floral 3D die. I picked:
- Place two strips of washi tape vertically next to each other. I started with the Gilded Ombre Washi Tape on the left-hand side, and on the right, I placed the Dotted Washi Tape.
- Stick the Gilded Ombre Washi Tape onto some white paper and cut out the flower and leaf shapes using the Fantasy Floral 3D Die. This die set fits perfectly in Altenew’s Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine.
- Create clusters of flowers and add your photo.
- For balance, add a repeating element in the top right-hand corner.
- Pick out some chipboard embellishments from the Live Your Dream Collection to finish the layout.
I love those little streaks of gold in the flowers and leaves. They are subtle and delicate and add just the right amount of sparkle.
I love creating projects like these because I can see the result instantly and the process is quick and rewarding. Do you have any go-to techniques you use when you want to create a quick project? Please share in the comment section as I would love to know.