Kymona here with an amazing canvas fabric pouch highlighting the new Mega Greetings 4 Stamp Set.
The Mega Greetings 4 Stamp Set is perfect for handmade bags. They are big enough to read from a distance which is great for statement-making.
Let’s take a look at my canvas fabric pouch:
The bag is made out of Linen-Cotton Canvas in Non-Optic White fabric from Hawthorne Supply Co. Use fabric ink when stamping on fabric.
Here’s how I created this canvas fabric pouch:
- Cut four pieces of canvas fabric to 8in x 10in.
- Cut two pieces of the fusible interface to 7.5in x 9.5in.
- Stamp the sentiment on one piece of the canvas fabric using the Memory MISTI and black fabric ink.
- Iron the fusible interface to the outer two pieces of the canvas fabric.
- Place the inner fabric down right sides up, place the zipper down on top of that against the top edge, then place the stamped fabric piece right sides down against the top edge and pin.
- Sew the three pieces together with a quarter inch seam allowance.
- Set the stitches by running an iron over it.
- Pull the lining back to meet the front, exposing the zipper, then iron together.
- Repeat steps five to eight except this time the zipper should be upright facing you.
- Once those two pieces of fabric are attached to the zipper, topstitch both sides so that the lining lays flat inside the pouch. Plus it looks pretty on the outside.
- This step is important. Open the zipper halfway, then pull the two sides together sandwiching the zipper in the middle.
- Pin on all sides, leaving a small hole on the long side for turning the pouch inside out.
- Use a quarter-inch seam allowance and sew all sides.
- Turn the bag inside out and stitch the small hole.
- Iron the entire pouch to take out any wrinkles.
Let’s take a closer look:
Such a super cute gift to give to someone to show how much you care.
So what do you think? Would you make your own stamped fabric pouch? I would love to hear from you!