Kymona here with a project inspiration using the must-have stamp set any crafty friend would want to have in their stash: Crafty Greetings!
These stamp set’s sentiments are perfect for any finished project that is being sent out to loved ones, family, and friends. They are fantastic to use on the back of a handmade greeting card, journal, or a couple of fabric coasters.
Let’s take a look at a set of fabric coasters:
Total cuteness, right?! These coasters would look great on any table. They make perfect gifts to give to anyone.
Creating it was easy! Here’s what you’ll need:
One-piece 2-5/8 inches by 5-3/4 inches for the front
One piece of pattern fabric cut to 5-3/4 inches by 5-3/4 inches for the back
One piece of linen fabric cut to 3-5/8 inches by 5-3/4 inches
One piece of cotton batting cut to 5-3/4 inches by 5-3/4 inches
- First, take the pattern fabric (front piece) and place its wrong sides on the linen fabric.
- Second, sew down the side using a 1/4 inch seam.
- Iron the pieces open.
- Place that front piece down right side up.
- Then layer the back pattern piece on top of the front piece right sides together.
- Put the batting piece on top of that back piece.
- Pin together.
- Sew down all four sides using a 1/4 inch seam. Leave a 3-inch hole for turning.
- After all of the sides are sewn together, turn the project inside out.
- Where the opening is, press the sides together.
- Using a 1/8 inch seam, sew around the entire fabric coaster. That will close the opening and leave a nice topstitch.
Now it’s time to add a sentiment! Place the fabric coaster in the MISTI and place the sentiment stamp where you want it.
Use a fabric ink and stamp the sentiment. Repeat the steps above to create more than one.
Let’s take a closer look at these fabric coasters!
Nicely done! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Would you create cute fabric coasters for family and friends? I would love to hear your thoughts.