Hello, friends! It’s Reiko here and for today’s post, I’ve created a DIY handmade accordion file folder using the Live Your Dream 12 by 12 Paper Set. Why I recommend using this patterned paper is that the paper is thick and has an almost glossy surface. The paper set is good for creating DIY projects.
I can find this kind of expanding documents file folders from office supply stores, but I am sure that I love to have a prettier one for myself.
If you are not good at organizing scrapbook small materials like me, let’s make this accordion folder now!
Usually, I throw everything away into this box after I finish creating scrapbook projects without categorizing or organizing them. But from today, I am so excited that I can sort my embellishments in my file folder like this!
Products that I used here are the following:
- Two sheets from the Live Your Dream 12 by 12 Paper Set
- Clear plastic document folder, Letter/ A4 Size
- Double-sided tape
- Hook and loop fastener (Velcro)
To create this accordion file folder:
- Cut a sheet of patterned paper into 12 by 10-inch, and score at 3, 3 7/8, 10 7/8-inch.
- Cut a sheet of patterned paper into 7.5 by 10-inch and score at 1 1/8-inch.
- Adhere two sheets from 1& 2 at 1 1/8-inch widths.
- Cut a clear plastic document folder into 6.25 by 9-inch, and score at every 0.75-inch.
- Cut two clear plastic document folders into four 5.5 by 9 7/8-inch parts.
I added a 2 by 10-inch paper to strengthen the folder.
That’s all for today! Thank you so much for visiting the Altenew Mixed Media Blog. I hope you enjoyed reading about my process and will feel inspired to try making your own accordion file folder!
Until next time!